Suicide intent or crisis confided over the text-messaging can be distressing to the professional or person who is attending to the caller. The ability to remain engaged with the suicidal person over text is critical for further intervention. This 1.5-day course is designed to equip professionals or para-helpers with essential knowledge and skills to use the distinctiveness of text-based platforms as a service modality to respond and intervene suicide crisis over text.
Managing Suicide Crisis Over Text-based Platforms
Professionals, para-counsellors and volunteers who manage text-messaging services or make regular contacts with clients through text as part of their job or volunteering role. This may include staff and volunteers from crisis text lines, emergency services, customer service, social service, mental health service providers or School-based settings
Note: Block bookings by Agencies or Entities can be arranged separately. Min. 15 and max. of 20 pax to start class
Scheduled Run Dates (Public)
|More dates to be announced
|9am – 5pm
9am – 1pm
Do note that fees are strictly non-refundable once payment has been made. To view the full terms and conditions of our training programmes, please click here.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on programme fees
Duration (13 hours)
Self-paced e-learning: 1.0 hour
Facilitated Classroom learning (in-person): 10.0 hour (1.5 day)
Assessment (Written and Role Play): 2.0 hour
*Written Assessment will be conducted on the same day as Day 2 of Classroom learning. Role Play Assessment will be conducted one-to-one with Assessor over Zoom on a separate date, typically 1-2 weeks after Classroom learning.
|Nett Fee (after SSG-funding)
|Course Fee (before SSG-funding)
|* Singaporeans aged 40 & above may receive further subsidy
1. Identify personal attitudes and reactions towards suicide that can hinder effective emotional support over text compared to face-to-face engagement
2. Recognise the difference between suicidal and non-suicidal self-harm behaviours
3. Apply empathetic listening and conversation structure to engage a suicidal person over text
4. Apply the suicide risk assessment questions and intervention over text
5. Apply strategies to manage and end conversations with variety of text clients