About the Role
The VM officer is a member of the VM team who plays an important role in supporting volunteer-related tasks such as recruitment, retention, scheduling, training and volunteer development. The primary role of VM officer is to ensure the 24-hour hotline is manned at all times. He or she works closely with colleagues in the VM and 24/7 Support Team to ensure smooth operation of hotline service with the mission of being an available lifeline to the distressed and suicidal.
The VM officer will also be supporting the volunteer recruitment and the different phases of Volunteer Pre-service Training and other continual training workshops for SOS’s volunteers, with an aim to ensure smooth runs of the interview and training processes.
The VM Officer is expected to be approachable, personable and has good interpersonal skills. He or she reports to and assists the VM Assistant Manager to enhance the service quality and delivery.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
· Manages and co-ordinates with volunteers in terms of hotline scheduling with an aim to ensure SOS hotline is being manned 24 hours.
· Co-ordinates and administers the logistics of volunteer recruitment, and the different phases of volunteer training and refreshers
· Support the VM team in volunteer-related social events and activities
· Provides volunteer-related administrative support such as membership renewal and IT database
· Assists in special projects and other duties assigned by Assistant Manager of VM Team or by HOD
· Able to meet the targets sets for hotline scheduling and volunteers’ commitment etc. to fulfill service outputs and outcome targets
· Achieve positive feedback from volunteers pertaining to the support rendered to them
· Enhance communication between frontline volunteers and management
· Nitec, Higher Nitec or Diploma in any field
· At least 1-2 years of work experience
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· IT savvy, e.g. proficient in Microsoft word, excel, outlook
· Able to coordinate and correspond with both internal and external stakeholders independently
· Willing to work in the evenings and/or during odd hours as and when needed
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Closing Date: 31 Mar 2020
Please indicate your current and expected salary. Interested persons are invited to send their resume with a recent photograph:
Samaritans of Singapore (SOS) Human Resource Department
Block 10 Cantonment Close #01-01 Singapore 080010