About The Role
This role reports to the Head (Shared Resources) and supports the Audit & Risk Committee and Chief Executive in finance, donation and funding matters. The scope also involves procurement and general administration. He/She will work in a team to support the Shared Resources Department. He/She supervises the Administrative Coordinator for finance and administrative matters.
- Ability to handle all financial management matters and provide the necessary recommendations based on generally accepted accounting practices and good financial practices. Ability to maintain the Finance Manual and conduct periodic review to make improvements.
Processing and booking of all accounting transactions
- Ability to ensure procedures are followed for all transactions according to the Finance Manual and that transactions are posted accurately in a timely manner. Responsible for processing of all accounting transactions and booking.
Financial statement analysis
- Ability to review financial statements, cash flow statements and highlight areas for concern in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain and ensure compliance to the procurement procedures and ensure proper documentation.
- Ability to plan, process, monitor and review general administrative procedures according to SOPs. Ability to plan and apply for various types of funding and monitor the usage of funds, and handle other ad hoc administrative duties including taking meeting minutes.
- Ability to adapt and work as a team to accomplish ad hoc duties.
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Good knowledge in the account for a social service agency
- Meticulous, independent and a problem solver
- Preferably have experience leading a small team
- Must be a team player, multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight timelines
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
Closing Date: 20 October 2019
Please indicate your current and expected salary. Interested persons are invited to send their resume with a recent photograph:
Samaritans of Singapore (SOS) Human Resource Department
Block 10 Cantonment Close #01-01 Singapore 080010